26 January 2007

My first post ever in the blogosphere


My current project is a baby cardigan with a seed stitch trim from Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss. I'm a fan of this book and so far the I've made numerous baby socks and one simple pullover sweater. This one is the 12-24 months size in a raspberry color baby cashmerino on #6 needles, although it's supposed to be on #3's. This is the first time I've had to adjust needle size for gauge, so her good pattern luck may be running out! I don't think that this qualifies her to be back on 'the list' just yet, though. Baby clothes are good projects for me because they're small, but those sneaky babies always grow so fast it sometimes ruins my plans.
I started it about 2 weeks ago and have given myself a semi cruel deadline...I'm hoping to finish it by the end of February, knowing full well that may mean early March. After a slow start---I ripped it out once and basically started again this past weekend---I've got about 4 inches of the back done. So far so good. Perhaps more structure and more deadlines will result in more completed projects.

At knitting this past week I came to realize as half of you are finishing you're 4th project of the day or using complex mathmatics to create designs, I'm the Ralph Wiggum of the knitting group. "I just did a seed stitch border!" "My cat's breath smells like catfood!" "I'm knitting with someone else's hands!"

No comments: