24 January 2007

The Stash Buster



I made a baby blanket for my new boss. No, I was not sucking up, but I really can't make booties and I had all this yarn... anyway, she was soundly impressed (and said so in front of HER boss), so maybe the blanket turned out okay anyway.

I started out with yarn from http://islandyarnco.com/ which is close to my house, but the super bulky yarn I chose was super gorgeous, but also knitted up stiff, not comfy for a baby's blanket. So I did what I originally wanted to do (I only went to the yarn store b/c my MIL slipped me a twenty at lunch) and dumped out my stash and started to pull yarns I thought would look, um, interesting, together. I wound up with 1 strand of bouclĂ© and 3 worsted, and dropping only 1 yarn at various times & adding in the same weight. I was skeptical at first (it was for my BOSS after all) but then I began falling in love around the bright green / light green section. By the end, I was so toasty from having it on my lap all weekend, I have resolved to make one for us. There is only one flaw—I dropped a stitch and had to pick it up when the Colts somehow charged ahead of the Patriots with less than 5 game minutes to go.

2 comments:

simone said...

It's so beautiful!!! I'm really wanting to knit or (cover your eyes, Stacie) crochet a blanket. I think I must just be cold and want some coziness!

Max said...

I would be having a hard time giving that one away - it looks like a really nice lap blanket...