25 January 2007



Those who were at knitting last night saw me finishing up this hat for Scott. It's made from a yarn I've never heard of before, but found at Wooly's. It's called Nashua/Creative Focus. It's a basic worsted weight that's really nice and basic. Sort of like Brown Sheep, but I like the colors of this better.


Allasdair gave me some good end-weaving tips--thanks! Boy, do I hate weaving in ends. If anyone ever comes up with a robot that weaves in ends and sews seams--I'll buy it!


The hat is meant to accompany this scarf. Scott seems to like it--but I just hope it's not too matchy-matchy. Or too "DTM" as Michael Kors would say (DTM = dyed to match; as in those satin shoes people are always forced to dye to match bridesmaid dresses).


5 comments:

Max said...

Simone, I think the hat and scarf have a perfect relationship to each other - the colors are similar, the stripes are different. They're a set, but not DTM. Gorgeous and, you know: manly!

Max said...

PS What are Alasdair's weaving-in tips? Not that I don't love weaving in, cos I do!

simone said...

Alasdair ties a loose knot in the two colors (like where the stripes are in my hat) and sort of weave them in in opposing directions. I was struggling and hiis tip helped me not make a wreck of it!

Kristen said...

Simone, you should know by now, we have a weaving-in-ends, seam-sewing machine.
We call her Stacie.

NJStacie said...

Heh heh! I'll add you to the list of people telling me to quit my job and go into the finishing business......meanwhile, i'v ebene working on Briana to knt all of my I-cord!