12 July 2007

Secret Goblin Sock

I've finished spinning all of that blue wool - my TdF Yellow Jersey goal is complete! I'm continuing to spin up whatever is in the house; I'm working towards creating a finer yarn, and I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm trying to figure it out as I go along, but I sure am having a good time!

Speaking of good times, a wonderful gathering of The Knitters last evening - a farewell to Becky before she departs to that big state. Of course, it being JULY (and there being, as usual, too much food) there was minimal knitting activity. However, it was lovely to catch up with everyone. I continued on my secret project, which I was trying to hide from the Knittees, but they found me out. Since the secret's out, I figure I'll throw in this photo evidence as well:I'm knitting A Sock. I would like it to be known that I am NOT knitting "sockS" (please to note that there is only ONE item on those needles), though if things proceed okay on this one there may in fact be a second to match. BUT I MAKE NO PROMISES. This is my once or twice yearly foray into sock knitting in order to better understand America's Love of Knitting Socks. I personally have no idea of what the interest is; I find socks boring to knit - I'd rather do gloves - but I do enjoy some of the yarns that are out there for socks. Yeah, yeah, I can understand the portability issue of them, they are small and great to pick up and work on while waiting for just about anything, good for commuters, supposedly fast to knit, etc, but I Just. Don't. Get. It.

Anyway - this single sock: knit on US1s, toe-up, with that Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn. I don't know the real name of the colorway - I've been referring to it as "Goblin", but that's all wrong. Yeah, it's a sock. We'll see what happens..............

No comments: