10 August 2007

Beegbootees


Pattern: Saartje’s Bootees (pdf)
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM
Needles: US 1 (2s would have been better)
Gauge: between 7.5 and 8 st per inch
Size: Newborn; right bootie: 3 5/8" long, left bootie: 3 3/8" (aargh)
Notions: 4 vintage pale green cat-eye buttons

Something spooky happened while knitting these booties: my gauge got tighter from one bootie to the next. Though I’ve always disliked being a loose knitter, I’ve never been able to tighten up. Until now, apparently. Oh, well! Many, many humans have one foot larger than the other - perhaps this baby, due November, gender unknown, will too.

The next pair, for a baby due October, follows shortly. This was a very pleasing pattern to knit. A modification I’ll make next time is adding one or two stitches to the top strap (alternating from left to right). That would make the top strap fit more nicely over the bottom, when buttoned.

I keep saying this, but omigosh! It’s so hard to go in to work this morning. I have the two final dvds in the second season of Veronica Mars and it’s raining. But it’s my last day before vacation, so I must. Cheerio!

No comments: